Count Your Chickens!™ eliminates...
Count Your Chickens!™ eliminates stress, empowers a young learner, and teaches kids that playing together can be fun!
Ages: 3 +
usually ships in 7 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
|5||2.5%||Up to R 48.75|
|10||5%||Up to R 195.00|
|20||7.5%||Up to R 585.00|
|50||10%||Up to R 1,950.00|
- Kids often feel anxiety playing competitive games
- With co-operative games, the stress of losing or not being good enough goes away because players are playing as a team against a common obstacle and not against each other
- Count Your Chickens!™ eliminates stress, empowers a young learner, and teaches kids that playing together can be fun!
- Kids practice counting and co-operation
- Help your kids learn at an early age how easy it is to co-operate!
How to Play:
- The baby chicks have flown the coop!
- All players work together to help Mother Hen collect her chicks and bring them back to the coop
- To start, players place the 40 baby chicks all around the board
- Mother Hen is on start
- The object of the game is to get all 40 baby chicks back inside the coop before Mother Hen gets to the last space on the board
- Players spin and move Mother Hen, counting the number of spaces she travels
- For each space travelled, players collect that number of baby chick markers and place them in the coop
- But watch out for the fox! If the spinner lands on the fox a baby chick is removed from the coop
- Players take turns, but work together – players count aloud together, collect the number chicks together and, if they collect them all, players win together!
• 2011 Creative Child Game of the Year
• 2011 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum
• Major Fun Award
• 2011 Goddard School Top 10 Preschool Approved
• Ages 3+
• 2-4 players
• Plays in 10-15 minutes
• No reading required
• 1 game board
• 1 mother hen with stand
• 40 baby chick markers
• 1 spinner
What is a co-operative game?
A co-operative game is a game where all players play together against a common obstacle, not against each other. In a co-operative game no one feels left out and everyone has fun! Peaceable Kingdom’s co-operative board games use familiar game mechanisms – spinning a spinner, matching cards, moving a token, strategizing a win! The difference is that players play together. Playing together helps kids in many ways – they experience shared decision-making, they build self-esteem, they learn to share, to feel compassion, and to work as a team. Playing co-operative games teaches kids to cooperate.